The Department of Cardiac Surgery is a leading provider of the surgical treatment for diseases of the heart and great vessels.
The Department is staffed by seven surgeons certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery who provide expertise in the full spectrum of adult cardiac surgery.
Services provided by the members of the Department include:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting, including on- and off-pump procedures and robotic-assisted surgery
- Aortic valve repair and replacement, including minimally-invasive approaches and TAVR (Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Replacement)\
- Mitral Valve repair and replacement, including port-access and robotic surgery
- Heart Transplantation and Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) implantation for end-stage heart failure
- Open and endovascular repairs of thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation, either in conjunction with other heart surgery or as a "stand alone" procedure using a minimally invasive approach
- Repair of congenital heart defects in adults
- Pacemaker and Defibrillator implantation, including robot-assisted
Our Cardiac Surgery Locations: